SpiderTech applications provide the continuous care necessary to reduce discomfort and swelling. They help restore strength to an injured area and can improve the mobility where range of motion has been restricted.
- Provides an enhanced sensory stimulation leading to a decrease in the neural perception of pain.
- Activates sensory gating mechanisms for therapeutic effect
- Allows for the restoration of normal muscle activation and function
- Structural support allows for adaptation of neural pathways by constant ideal proprioceptive feedback once the ideal static and dynamic postures are established.
- SpiderTech structural applications can protect against excessive range of motion or improve mobility when previous injuries have reduced functionality.
- Microcirculatory effects are achieved by using applications for the treatment of swelling, bruising, edema and or ecchymosis. This is done by improving superficial fluid dynamics and lymphatic drainage. The lymph series of pre-cut applications were designed specifically for this purpose but the effect can be achieved with any of the spiderTech applications.
SpiderTech is made with high grade cotton fabric and a hypoallergenic, 100% acrylic glue. This makes them safe for almost all patients.
Applications need to be applies to clean, dry skin. The skin needs to be clear of creams, oils and hair, so clipping or shaving the intended area if application may be necessary.
Do not wet the application or engage in strenuous activity for at least one hour after it is applied.
The tape is waterproof and breathable and can be worn continuously for up to 5 days.
Do not remove the tape when it is wet. When removing the tape, stretch the skin under the tape and then pull the tape gently and slowly so not to irritate the skin.
If you should experience any irritation or an increase in discomfort while wearing the tape, remove immediately.